Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Welcome to my blog!



My name is Malkah Livneh. I was born and raised in the Boston area and have a Masters in Library Science from Simmons College.  In 1981, I made Aliyah   to   Rehovot, Israel as a young married. My first child was born a year and  a half later and five years  after that we moved to the Modiin area  where I have lived ever since.

I’m an Anglo mother of three Israeli-born children whose native language is Hebrish.  Professionally, I’ve been an Anglo/Israeli public and school librarian for many years.  Additionally, I have done volunteer work with olim and I was the NBN rep for the Modiin area .

I love reading! I love children’s books!  I love helping children, parents and grandparents find the perfect children’s book for a particular child.  That’s been part of my job   as a school librarian and a public librarian.  I’ve decided to create this blog  to help new olim, veteran olim and grandparents in Israel or abroad find  the book or books that will  encourage their child to get hooked on reading in Hebrew.  I also  want to help parents ( no matter what their mother tongue is) build up a home library of classic Hebrew children’s books.    In addition,  I want to use this blog to  introduce you to  the latest Hebrew books for children and young teens.

I will be posting a new blog post every Tuesday.

Please feel free to e-mail me at letsfindthatbook@gmail.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Malkah Livneh





13 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I remember searching in vain for a list of classic Israeli children's books as a young Olah mother. Now I'll be following your blog as a grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been getting a lot of favorable comments from grandparents.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Great choice of a first author to profile. All his books you mentioned sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific! My kids (born here) prefer reading in English, there is so much more out there, and to read translations is just painful. Still, they need to be exposed to good literature in Hebrew, for cultural and language development reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true. There are so many wonderful books written in Hebrew that hopefully they will find the book and/or genre that speaks to them.

      Delete
  4. Malkah-
    I always look forward to your book recommendations for my kids (ages 18-3) as well as for me. I loved the workshop you gave to olim parents and the suggestions you gave helped my children begin reading in Hebrew as well as in English.
    Looking forward to your next post!
    Maya Douglen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maya- Thank you so much for the feedback. I enjoyed giving the workshop.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete